Super Kings clinch a thriller
Posted by sriram on April 24, 2008
Sachin Tendulkar misses this match leaving captiancy to Harbhajan Singh. Mumbai Indians did well to restrict Super Kings to 208 on a flat pitch and formidable batting line-up. Its no surprise that the total posted was largely helped by an Aussie. No its not Mike Hussey this time its Mathew Hayden. He scored at 81. Dhoni continues to disappoint.
Mumbai Indians chased well with pure hitting from Robin Uthappa and some late blow from Harbhajan Singh. The real star of the show for me is Abhishek Nayar. Boy, he can bat. He almost won the match except for a bluder. On a No-ball he took a run to give Ashish Nehra the strike. They needed 9 runs from 4 balls. That was the turning point of the match.
Other Highlights :
- Kris Srikanth brings drinks to the players. I am not sure that’s what brand ambassador means. Can someone tell Kris Srikanth about this.
- Badrinath’s brilliant fielding to get rid of Luke Ronchi
- Uthappa hits 100th six of the tournament
- Muralidharan starts with 3 wides.
- Excellent catch by Oram pulled out of thin air.
Man of the Match : Mathew Hayden
DLF Sixers : Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh
Bloopers : Ravi Shastri calls Chennai Super Kings as Chennai Super Skins
Mathew Hayden post match comments: He is enjoying the cross-referencing of cultures. Also he like India better because everyone speak english here. That comment really got me thinking. I will blog about obnoxious Hayden’s arrogance some other time.