Gambhir finally gets the orange cap
Posted by sriram on May 2, 2008
I thought Mathew Hayden took the orange cap with him when he left for Australia. I guess he left it behind for someone to take over from his team. But, his team is too far behind to claim the orange cap. Gautam Gambhir the Delhi lad playing for Delhi Daredevils almost took the cap in his match against Kings XI Punjab and fell short by 16 runs. On the same day Kumar Sangakkara had the chance to claim the orange cap but he fell short too. It came a full circle for Gambhir in his match against Super Kings to play a controlled innings of 50 runs and claim the cap from the very team which has it right now, Super Kings. It is only appropriate for Gambhir to take the cap from Mathew Hayden and the Super Kings. His performances so far in this tournament are amazing. He is the only consistent player along with Rohit Sharma who are continuing their form from the 20-20 world championship in South Africa.
Gambhir’s spirited performances so far :
- 58 against Rajastan Royals
- 12 against Deccan Chargers
- 18 against Kings XI Punjab
- 86 against Royal Challengers
- 50 against Super Kings
Possible players who can take the orange cap away from Gambhir tomorrow :
- Rohit Sharma needs 47 runs to claim the orange cap from Gambhir tomorrow.
- Adam Gilchrist needs 66 runs to claim the cap.
- Yuvraj Singh needs 73 runs.
- Kumar Sangakkara needs 50 runs
My money is on Rohit Sharma.
Related Posts :